Just to add my two cents...

I have been part of this coworking group for about 8 months ago.  The
best
part as far as I can tell is that we have the wiki, the blog, this
group and
a general pool of resources that everyone shares.  Does it need more
organization?
Maybe.  I think a lot gets repeated and certain questions that are
universal
to coworking space owners like liability agreements have come up
quite a bit.

Still the organic nature of it all works well.  One thought...kind of
along
the lines of a salon, would be to do a periodic (we determine) in
person or
conference call type session where we focus on a topic within
coworking spaces or ownership.  It is up to each person who
participates to decide how
or if to take away anything from the salon to apply to their own
space.  It
maybe the best of both worlds.  We keep the starfish in that it stays
an
organic movement with each space existing with its own personality
and knowledge, but it allows us to vocalize ideas, resources, etc.  It
connects
coworking spaces without placing them in a "spiderweb" so to speak.

Just a thought...

Felicity
Cubes&Crayons

Space: www.cubesandcrayons.com
Blog: cubes.typepad.com/blog
Personal thoughts: cubes.typepad.com/cake