Actually, it's a tough issue.  In the current economic environment, I
am ready to bet that providing a slightly upscale service is the right
direction
for us.  There is a cohort of people that peels away with big gas
price
increases, but the people who really need us, stay.  Our customers are
careful with their money
and calories- they won't buy the absolute junk that might anchor the
bottom line.
So, I will try to charge an honest price and see what happens.  You
are correct, our coffee is the really good stuff, and I might be
asking too little.
On May 20, 11:36 am, KC <[email protected]> wrote:
> So what is ur value proposition and what is the cost?
>
> Based on your post it sounds like your coworkers would get (a) a table
> to work at, (b) the ability to reserve a meeting room (can't really
> call that a conference room), (c) printing/faxing/copying, (d)
> presumptively free basic coffee. What would you charge for this? Also,
> whether or not the free coffee is thrown in might make a big
> difference in the value...but it might also significant cut into your
> regular revenue stream.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Kevin
> SpringBoard Accelerator and Coworking Center (working title)
> Abilene Christian University
> [email protected]
>
> On May 19, 11:53 am, sconedwoman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hello, everyone,
>
> > I have learned a lot from reading the discussions of this group.
>
> > I am a coffee shop owner of 4 years with more space than I can support
> > on the price of take-out coffee.
> > We have a nicely restored old space, coffee from an outstanding local
> > roaster,  fresh baked goods, breakfast and soup, and protected wifi.
>
> > The room adjacent to the main room is about 19X18 feet, with a
> > smaller, conference-type room about 8X12 feet.
> > This is a wonderful place to work and have events, but it is time to
> > put it to a more intentional, revenue-producing purpose.
>
> > I would like to put in about 6 work tables, 48X30 inches with power
> > andtask lighting, and keep our large old lab table in the center.  A
> > partition that separates but doesn't suffocate would separate the
> > spaces, and we can furnish  printer/copier and fax machine.  There is
> > a copy shop 4 blocks away. We would offer a membership package, a drop-
> > in option, and something bigger where desired.
>
> > I like the coworking idea, and especially like the ability of
> > potential coworkers to find us online.  We get good reviews both from
> > the many freelancers who live nearby, and the sales and tech people
> > who find us while they are in-town.
>
> > Here's the challenge:  The aspect of a great coffee shop in which to
> > work is completely different from a workspace that is rented by the
> > hour (coffee included).  I think that most all the writers and job-
> > hunters (wonderful, faithful customers all) will choose to work and
> > meet in the now slightly cozier coffee shop.  I feel the new
> > arrangement is a definite value (knowing that it is still offered
> > below the cost of renting, airconditioning, cleaning and staffing it),
> > yet encounter daily the "if it's free today, why must I pay tomorrow?"
> > question.  We do not have the traffic flow of places a half-mile away;
> > we rely on an honest and open relationship with our neighbors.  Does
> > anyone have thoughts on this transition?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to