I'm working on that same question myself...  I hired someone as an admin,
who is motivated and dedicated enough to keep the place running and also
help me with the consulting side of the business.
I'm also working with a possible partner.

The space has to be able to run without the "owner" there.  If I was running
a retail shop, or a hote, I would hire a clerk - so why not for a co-working
space?  However, this has an influence on cash flow and profitability, so,
it takes some planning to be able to do it.

Cheers,

Anca.