I'd love to see somebody start a spreadsheet of things like:

   - the places that people have successfully found and met prospective
   members (and places that have turned up bupkis)
   - successful events that enhance the culture of a coworking community
   (and events that nobody seemed interested in)
   - values added by and for community members (and stuff you added that
   nobody used)

Figure out how to organize it, and I'd be happy to contribute.

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia


On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Angel K <[email protected]> wrote:

> HI Rob,
> I have an 1,100 sqft space in Colorado and with 0 refurbishing, other
> than changing one paint color, my start up costs were $20,000. I
> thought it would be 10,000 but the old rule of doubling what you think
> held true! This space is currently home to 31 members, the majority of
> whom use the space 1 or 2 days/week. 5 of the members only use the
> space on Weds nights.
> Most of my furnishings were custom built by a new designer so they
> were dirt cheap, the rest were from Ikea and Target. We also inherited
> our conference room furniture from the landlord at no cost.
> I do not pay a staff member but I do use 1-3 unpaid interns at any
> given time who help me and the members with their projects in addition
> to greeting and welcoming people during the day.
>
> Hope that helps :)
> Angel
>
> On Nov 28, 8:31 pm, rob obrien <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I'm launching a space and put together a simple income/expense and
> > startup costs spreadsheet in Google Docs.
> >
> > I think I have got a handle on it, but would appreciate a few second
> > opinions from the experienced hand out there.
> >
> > https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgZXryylWlWbdGJjZTJFS2lGV1BD...
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > I would be happy to provide edit permissions.  You will need a google
> > account
> >
> > Rob OBrienhttp://cdga-cowork.posterous.com/
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Coworking" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<coworking%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to