I think it's cool.  Can I come visit you in the summer when I am back
in Atlanta?

In no particular order, just brainstorming:

Have you looked into a partnership or relationship with Emory
University?  Intimate is not the word which comes immediately to mind,
but I used to give classes in law-related topics there when I lived in
Atlanta, they are very helpful and have a number of unusual spaces on
campus, not necessarily only the regular classrooms.  If you are
interested, I can go look up the names of the people I used to work
with, but I suspect that they are just nice to everybody.

It occurs to me that the Children's School in Atlanta might be open to
this kind of thing.  Or Lullwater School.

Do you know the guys at Urban Oasis?

Looked at ROAM Atlanta?

Er, that's all I can think of right off the top.

There is a coaching space here in the Netherlands which focuses
entirely on adult coaching/therapy/classes.  They have a lovely
website but it is all in Dutch so probably not much help.

Jeannine
On Feb 21, 6:47 pm, Tiffany with The LearnShop
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Please provide your feedback on our beta "teaching spaces"
> collective.  We are partnering with creative organizations who are
> using co-working only as a way to enhance a core-competency (i.e. Cafe
> Jonah & The Magical Attic, which is cafe+co-working, or MODA, which
> was museum+co-working).  We seek to ferret out intimate, authentic,
> and super-artsy co-working spaces that lend well to teaching and
> learning.
>
> Our core business involves aggregating personal enrichment classes
> throughout the city (like angie's list), but we see an increase in
> "teacher entrepreneurs," and this discovery sort of evolved out of our
> efforts in adult education.  We refer them to co-working places, but
> some are looking for something more integrated that is not exclusively
> a "co-working" space.  We have about 200 teacher/tutors that want
> classroom/teaching space we don't currently have, so we're quite
> motivated to figure out what works for them.  We wondered if their
> preferences/trending was an anomaly, so we decided to run an
> experiment:
>
> Here's the 
> prototype:http://www.thelearnshop.org/blog/events/i-need-a-classroommeeting-venue
>
> 1) Enter password: Eureka
> 2) Login via facebook
> 3) Play with the widget
>
> Owners place this button on their site as a way to leverage the
> combined exposure of businesses with similar ideas about co-working.
> Please reply with your feedback (is this interesting, is the widget
> button in a suitable location, would you use it to experience new co-
> working environments, what other hybrid uses have you seen combined
> with co-working, would you like to launch this in your city, etc).
>
> Please also let me know whether you know of similar spaces or business
> owners who may be open to this in Atlanta.  This is incredibly
> interesting.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to