Thank you, Bill! We have wanted to check out WorkBar, but the free coworking
open house days have not yet coincided with openings in our schedule. But I
would love to chat with you and learn from your experiences.

Unfortunately, it looks like we may have some zoning issues to work out
which may delay our coworking plans a bit (and hopefully not permanently).
Reaching out to lawyer this week.

Ann



On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Bill Jacobson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Ann,
>
> I'm happy to hear about your Attleboro plans.  When we opened WorkBar
> (downtown Boston near South Station) about 18 months ago we knew there
> would be interest from the local urban area but I wasn't sure about
> the broader region.  I've been nicely surprised to see people come
> from as far away as Franklin, MA.  Come on by WorkBar some time, I'd
> be happy to show you around and share some of our experiences.
>
> Bill
> --
> Partner, WorkBar Boston, 711 Atlantic Ave, Lower Level, Boston, MA
> 02111
>
> On Feb 20, 10:23 pm, Ann Kingman <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hello, listserv. I've been reading this list for the past several
> > months and decided to come out of lurk mode.
> >
> > My husband and I are considering opening a coworking space in
> > Attleboro, Massachusetts, where we have access to about 2500 square
> > feet (on 2 floors) in an historic mill building. Our city is one in
> > which the industrial and manufacturing base has almost dried up, and
> > we believe that enabling and helping a community of independents,
> > startups, and freelancers can help bring prosperity and employment
> > back to our city.  We are located about 10 miles from Providence, RI,
> > which has a strong tech and startup community (but no coworking spaces
> > that I am aware of). We are not yet sure if we actually have the
> > population in our city to support a coworking venture. On the other
> > hand, we also don't have any local coffee shops or even Starbucks --
> > Panera and Borders are about it, and both have their drawbacks.
> >
> > This message is our first public "unveiling" of our plans. Our next
> > step is to explore the local community to see if there is indeed an
> > interest in coworking, so that we can build our community before
> > actually opening the space. We are thinking about hosting free
> > coworking days in our (very unfurnished) space, depending on the cost
> > for turning on the internet access and getting our wifi set up.
> >
> > A bit of background: I come at this from 20 years of working from home
> > for a corporate employer (where I still work). My husband is the
> > property manager for the building where we are hoping to locate our
> > space -- it currently houses some small manufacturing and industrial
> > companies, and I am curious to see if we can integrate them into our
> > coworking community as well. I have been inspired by the stories of
> > coworking from this list, from the Coworkers podcast (thank you Alex
> > and Tony, please do more).
> >
> > Thanks to all for the insights and information that you have posted.
> > This list is a valuable resource.
> >
> > Ann Kingman
> > Cowork508
> > Attleboro, MA
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Coworking" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to