I'm so thrilled with how the Visa worked in this situation! Ashok was
even MORE excited to go on his trip knowing that he'd have some
opportunities for coworking and collaboration with like minded folks!

Additionally, I'd like to offer up that while the Visa wiki page is
useful (I use it a lot) there is a deeper level of value in helping
your members really dig in to the Visa program. When Ash mentioned
that he was traveling I asked him where he was going and then offered
to make connections with the community managers in advance of his
trip. I think that extra step removes some of the uncertainly of
walking into a brand new space not knowing anyone. (not to mention I
used it as an excuse to chat with Susan and Jacob!)This way, Ash had
already exchanged emails with the community managers and was totally
prepped for his visits.

In a few weeks another Coherent is headed to The Foundry in Des Moines
for more Visa love!! We're also encouraging any coworker who visits
another space to do a guest post on http://gonecoworking.com (run by
Beth).

Angel