Hi all.

short personal story to tell, because I've just got to share...

The local cable station came in on short notice to do a piece on
coworking today.

After the normal questions in the interview -- what is coworking,
where did it come from, how is it different, is Prince George ready
for it... he wanted a shot of coworkers collaborating, so I invited
everyone into the conference room who was in Two Rivers at the time.
I looked at people in the room, considered the businesses they were
in, and suggested we talk about "how to use social media to get a job,
using mapping technology, with a project management structure to the
campaign." -- trying to link each of their specialities to each other.

So it was more than a little contrived.

but then...

What ensued was the among the coolest 45 minute conversation I've had
in years.  We quickly forgot about the cameraman - he got so
engrossed, he shut down the camera and listened after the first 10
minutes --, and we all talked and talked - shared ideas and
experience.  came up with new connections and commentary.  I learned
things I never would have expected, and we're going to come out with
at least two evening workshops next month.

In short,

Coworking collaboration works !!
even if you start out trying to contrive it for the cameras.

I'm so pumped!  .. oh, and the video piece.  Kevin the cameraguy hopes
to have his piece ready to air by next week at the latest.
Garth.

Two Rivers Business Centre
Prince George, Canada.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to