Great recap Craig!

Another thing that alliances do, (whether they are formal associations or
simply mutual agreements) is to allow for a marketing platform for the idea
of coworking in general. I'm very excited by this as I think that the
progression of the idea of coworking toward the common vernacular benefits
the world of coworking (as well as the general population because coworking
is just good for everyone!).

I wanted to add the newly formed League of Extraordinary Coworking Spaces
(LEXC) to the list here. We are not limited to one region but are instead a
multi-regional network of coworking spaces which:

1) Allows our members to enjoy shared trust across participating spaces and
allows the spaces to enjoy shared trust of our members by employing the
electronic visa system created by LiquidSpace.

2) Allows our members to easily locate friendly spaces in a region they
might be visiting which will both suit their needs/expectations
professionally and assure them a warm welcome on arrival.

3) Allows coworking owners/operators to take advantage of the combined
marketing efforts/$$ of the collective spaces in the league.

4) Allows coworking owners/operators to enjoy automation of the coworking
visa concept for visiting members, and offers the visiting members a
consistent and understandable fee based on a predetermined discount applied
to the visiting space's normal rates.

I'm excited to see more alliances form and was very delighted by the
discussions around this topic taking place at the unconference last week!
It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Warmly,

Iris