CJay,

The thing we do most often when talking about coworking is to get people to
understand that they are not renting a desk, but joining a membership
organization which supports independent and remote workers. This is a
crucial distinction, because it draws discussion away from mere amenities
and services, and instead to the challenges faced by independents and
remotes and how coworking can help them meet those challenges. We explain
how social and professional isolation; distractions caused by laundry,
dishes, pets, loud espresso machines; lack of a good place to meet clients;
and a host of others; are solved by coworking. We also talk about how being
surrounded by a diverse group of people - diverse in age, background,
profession, skills and capabilities - can lead to the exploration and
collaboration on things people never even thought of before.

Once we set people straight on what coworking is and is not, then the
questions we get about our space is mostly about the community, not the
amenities. People ask who's there, what they do, why they came, and how
Workantile can help them with whatever problems they are having in their
work situation. There are also, of course, questions about cost, access,
use of conference rooms, etc, but there is so much more to talk about
besides those things.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM, CAJ <cheryl.cajservi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Recently I was asked, "What is the 24 most frequently asked questions
> about coworking and the actual workspace?" then continued with "What
> are the 12 most should have asked questions about coworking and the
> space?"  Being new to the industry I can come up with a few elementary
> questions,but decided I needed help from the experts for the real
> questions.
> This is the beginning of a marketing plan to educate the business
> community (St. Louis,Missouri)to coworking, so the next step would be
> to answer those questions. Hopefully I am able to answer those FAQ
> since I am opening in April....Provided the permit for the HVAC is
> okay'd and is installed.
>
> What is your most FAQ's about coworking and your space?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> CJay

twb
member, Workantile <http://workantile.com/>