Howdy from Texas Lars!

Congratulations on the new open house! I am very excited for you as
you begin yet another coworking journey!  I have never tried St.
Germaine's myself but it sounds delicious.   I love the idea that your
open house doubled as an art exhibit!  What a great way to showcase
some of the local artists work and create a buzz in your community.
(I might case that idea from you here in Austin, as there are tons of
local artists looking for an outlet to show their work to the masses)

I have found that member retention has many approaches, but one that
consistently works for us is holding regular coaching and mentoring
classes that are free for the members to attend.  They are sometimes
focused on website design think tanks, sales technique brainstorming,
as well as regular networking events where the members are encouraged
to just show up with the sole purpose of connecting with other
members.

I am intrigued by your mention of "virtual open House"  can you tell
me more about that?

I have followed you on Twitter and look forward to hearing all about
what is next up there in Vermont!

Best Wishes,
Blossom A. Braemer MBA
Managing Partner
Posh Coworking
3027 N. Lamar Blvd. Suite 202, Austin Texas 78705
www.poshcoworking.com
@poshcoworking
512-696-1433

On Jun 11, 1:51 pm, lars hasselblad torres <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to share the news that a new coworking space has opened in Vermont 
> called Local 64. We've officially been open for a week and have some great 
> highlights to share:
> - We have 20 amazing members doing great things, from video game producers to 
> science writers to architects and more
> - Our opening was tons of fun - about 80 people showed up, including the 
> Mayor. We served St Germaine's to all, and doubled as an art exhibit since we 
> have some killer wall space to fill
> - We're starting to get community programming up and running, with a 
> watercolor salon, game night, photography salon, and a few science and 
> society talks in the works
>
> So, that hurdle behind us, a new one looms: retaining members. I'd love to 
> learn some insights around how coworking spaces approach retaining members, 
> beyond providing a great product. Do you involve them in governance? Do you 
> emphasize role sharing and delegate tasks? Do you encourage social 
> interaction on a regular basis? All insights welcome!
>
> To keep up to date with what's happening with coworking in Vermont, follow 
> @office2VT and @local64vt - its great to see the model spreading (word is, 
> there are at least two more CW spaces opening in the next few months).
>
> Finally, if anyone is interested in running some virtual open housed and 
> guided tours using Skype, let me know - I think it would be fun to interact!
>
> Best,
>
> lars
> ---
> Twitter & Skype | lhtorreshttp://local64.com

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to