Hello! 

I've been lurking on these boards for two years or so, reading daily posts 
and researching as I've started to build the plan for our new community. 
You've all been a tremendous help and source of inspiration! I certainly 
feel more prepared through all of your insights and advice. THANK YOU. 

I'm in the early stages of opening a creative coworking space in Tampa. I'm 
marketing towards artists, designers, architects, furniture makers, 
photographers, etc. as I try to create a small community. I'm not 
interested in a "typical" coworking space with daily/monthly members, as 
much as I hope to build a small group of 10-20 individual studio spaces 
that will be used on a slightly more long-term basis. We'll have drop-in 
space available, but it's not the main focus. I've also started exploring 
the idea of a shared photography studio and client meeting space that can 
be used on a daily basis by a rotating group of photographers. 

The business plan is still flexible, the space layout is as well. We do 
already have a site - I own the building, and it was purchased with this 
goal in mind for the future. 

That said, since I've done my homework, I know we need to build our 
community first. I'm signed up for an informational booth at the Etsy craft 
party next week to start talking with people and gauging interest. I'm 
wondering if there's any advice from the group on what information to 
provide, how to make our table more interactive...how to ask for feedback 
on what people are interested in seeing in the space? My main goal at this 
stage is to get contact info for people who are interested in more 
information and to get people to monitor our progress on social media so 
they can stay updated if they'd like. I plan to host a casual meetup of 
potential community members as soon as I think we have at least 10 people 
who may want to be involved. 

Also, I know there's a lot of "I" and "ME" in the description above...right 
now I'm operating alone. Any advice on finding the kindred spirits needed 
to make this happen? 

Looking forward to chatting more with you all as this moves forward. Please 
feel free to check us out, and spread the word if you'd like. 

--
Deb

www.1023columbus.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/1023columbus
twitter & instagram: @1023columbus 




-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to