I've done a lot of research on this topic as I've developed Nadine and have
come to the same basic conclusions as Adrian.  We use ISONAS card keys and
I looked into integrating it, but it's always been more complicated then
it's worth.  I even got ISONAS to release all their back-end technical
documents but didn't go very far down that road.  I've talked about this
quite a bit with Alex from Cobot and I know he was looking into it. I also
know that WUN is now doing ISONAS support so maybe it will become a better
product.  So far I'm not very impressed and at $1000/door it's not exactly
cheap.  That said, it's all installed and paid for here at Office Nomads so
I'm not about to make changes.

We also do some wifi accounting but don't do any billing off of it.  It's
too problematic to put any weight on.  If someone stops by for an event
their phone will jump on the wifi and show them as here when they are not
in fact working for the day.  I show up in the logs when I'm just walking
by the office.  So instead we rely on an iPad at the front desk to check
people in and our system is simplified to not require checking out.  Since
Nadine does know who is on the network it can highlight if someone is here
but hasn't signed in.  We can then talk with them to remind them and it
works out pretty well.

No matter how smart the technology, humans are always required at some
point of the process.  That's the beauty of running a coworking space
though.  We have lots of humans and that's the secret sauce that keeps our
members coming back for more.  People that run business centers must have
to work so hard.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500