Does anyone who buys coffee in bulk also have a lot of member contributions
of potluck food and members bringing in their favorite bags of coffee
often? I tend to have staff buy across the street one bag at a time because
often members then bring in bags of their favorite coffee, which is then
appreciated by other members and talked about.
Does anyone buy fresh fruit or vegetables for members? For around 2 years
we had weekly fresh fruit and vegetables, but I wasn't sure if that was
increasing perceived value or not. It didn't seem to increase members
bringing potluck food, which I like as one of the best ways of sharing and
appreciation (for bringing favorite things).
Does anyone do theme days? Halloween has been one of our more popular open
house days, maybe because it's a costume open house (or maybe because it's
after the start of autumn and before the holiday season). I'm wondering
about other theme days we might have.
Thanks,
Alex
--
Alex Linsker
Collective Agency's Community Organizer / Proprietor
(503) 517-6900 http://collectiveagency.co
Tax and Conversation's Statewide Community Organizer
(503) 517-6904 taxandconversation.com
(503) 369-9174 mobile (503) 517-6901 fax
322 NW Sixth Ave, Suite 200, Portland, Oregon 97209
On Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:36:33 AM UTC-7, Jeannine wrote:
>
> Well, that's what we are talking about. In principle anywhere of course,
> but coffee beans weigh something. If they can get them out of Africa
> (which they do) then I feel confident thaet can get them to the US. :-)
>
> I have a baby pilot project going in my spaces whereby we share the costs
> of logistics and fulfillment for webshops and import/export. So the costs
> of this kind of project stay low by sharing them. That was sort of the
> takeoff point for some of our discussions.
>
> If you are interested, I can certainly get you with them, or if more folks
> are interested we can really get busy.
>
> Maybe we should open a Coworking Customs along with the Coworking Visa.
> :-)
>
> On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:20:53 PM UTC+2, Jacob Sayles wrote:
>>
>> Where can they sell/ship to?
>>
>> Jacob
>>
>> ---
>> Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
>> http://www.officenomads.com - (206) 323-6500
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:47 AM, Jeannine <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> How marvellous of you to bring this up.
>>>
>>> I was recently approached by a business involved in my Amsterdam space,
>>> Moyee Coffee <http://www.moyeecoffee.com/>. They have a Fair Chain
>>> thing going on. We have been talking about how they can get involved with
>>> Open Coworking; we are in preliminary talks and so nothing has been given
>>> any kind of shape at all. They are nevertheless intrigued by the
>>> possibilities and that is as far as we have gotten.
>>>
>>> Until now the discussion has centered around exactly what Alex says,
>>> they don't really want a "we talk you up and get a discount" kind of
>>> relationship but are interested in the long term. And I am not at all
>>> interested in sending a pitch to the community, I don't think that is what
>>> I am for. And the logistics of course are both daunting and interesting.
>>>
>>> The coffee, I have to tell you, is FAB.
>>>
>>> So I am just throwing that out there as food for thought. Maybe I
>>> should set up a list for folks interested in taking this particular notion
>>> further? Or should we just get a show of hands? :-)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Jeannine
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:48:20 PM UTC+2, George Aye wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Dear coworkjng gurus,
>>>>
>>>> Our space in Chicago has been on a weekly subscription to Metropolis
>>>> coffee since we started 1.5 yrs ago. We've been ramping up our consumption
>>>> as we add more people and we're now level at 4 lbs/week for $60. We're at
>>>> a
>>>> total headcount of 27 individuals.
>>>>
>>>> Anyone have any recommendations on a coffee broker or a wholesaler that
>>>> can get offer better pricing? Or simply suggestions on managing cost?
>>>>
>>>> Many thanks in advance!
>>>>
>>>> George
>>>>
>>>> Ps. Chicago has a strong coffee culture with metropolis and
>>>> intelligentsia being the two big roasters in town. Both are fantastic but
>>>> expensive. Switching to dunkin donuts for their beans is not a viable
>>>> option and I personally can't stand to drink it.
>>>>
>>>> George Aye
>>>> 773-263-2603
>>>
>>> --
>>> Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
>>> ---
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Coworking" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>>
--
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.