We've had a laptop stolen from our space.  It took less than 15 seconds for
the thief to come in and wander away with it.

An iBeacon that would have alerted the owner wouldn't have been very
effective in this case - and, as I understand it, the beacon has to be very
close to the phone to broadcast its location, so once the laptop leaves the
building it's all over.

Anca.

-=-=-=-=-
*Anca Mosoiu  | Tech Liminal*