Hi, Oren,

A policy can be as vague or as specific as is suitable, I think the one you
are working with is pretty good.  But I think it is useful to think of a
code of conduct in a broader, more incusive way, and to present it that way
also.  A code of conduct, and reporting and enforcement of same, is really
about trust and about transparency.  There comes a time when your community
starts to include people who are not part of the initial in-group, who
don't know the unspoken and unwritten rules.  And you want to send the
message that those peole are welcoem also.  When your community becomes
more heterogeneous, and that is a good thing. A diverse community isi
stronger and makes better decisions and is more creative overall.

A place where there has been a lot of thought and consideration of this
topic is in the organization and sponsoring of conferences.  The lively
discussion started in 2011 or so and and a lot of very good things have
come from it.  It has led for example to the increasingly widespread use of
ASAN's color cards
<http://autisticadvocacy.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ColorCommunicationBadges.pdf>
 and
the availability of accomodations for people with disabilities, as well as
increased attendance and enjoyment by women and people of color. A number
of prominent speakers have said they willnto participate if there is no
code of conduct, and The Python Sofware Foundation requires a code of
conduct <http://jessenoller.com/blog/2012/12/7/the-code-of-conduct> for any
Conference it sponsors or attends.  (the linked blog post is useful food
for thougth in developing and launching one).

Here
<http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy_resources>

and here <http://www.ashedryden.com/blog/codes-of-conduct-101-faq>are some
nifty resources for developing and launching a code of conduct, they are
focused on conferences but are easily adaptable I think.
.
One of the things I do want to note about this kind of policy is that 1) it
is worth putting the time in to win hearts and minds on it, 2) reporting is
often neglected, and 3) enforcement can be problematic.  The key really is
though that any kind of written policy that works by unwritten rules or
 leaves people in a state of uncertainty is not a good result.

There is also sometimes a good deal of resistance to the implementation of
such a policy, mostly on the ground that Humans Hate Change (the guiding
principle of life).  This is also to be worked through.

I would call it a manifesto or a declaration of values myself.  Though I
did not, here it is part of the Terms of Use.  Still a Code or a set of
House Rules is not a replacement for a culture of accountability to each
other and of inclusion; that's what really solves the problem. In some ways
having rules is a way of opening the conversation and communicating,
reporting policies are ways of getting the community involved and
enforcement is showing that you intend to walk your talk.   ,