Hi all! Just wanted to drop a quick note about a project that I've been
working on that I think some people here might be interested in—

I've been helping operate The Salt Mines <http://saltmines.us> coworking
community in Columbus, Ohio for the past several years, and in the time
since we opened our doors things have grown to the point where it's more
than a single person can manage. Our community has done an awesome job of
stepping up and helping out with tasks like giving tours, doing the dishes
(most of the time), and making sure new members feel welcome, but one area
that we've struggled with is making the process of addressing incoming
emails a collaborative effort.

To that end, we've been slowly building a new product to help out with this
sort of thing. It's called *Saffron <https://saffron.email/for-coworking>*,
and it's something I definitely would have wanted to know about when we
first started out. It's essentially a shared inbox application that you can
open up to some of your trusted community members, where you can discuss
and assign out incoming email before hitting the "reply" button. There are
already a few other tools out there like this—and some of them are actually
really great—but what makes Saffron different is that we're trying to
structure the pricing around the *volume of email handled*, and *not on the
number of users* in the system. This way you can bring in your whole
community to help field questions about how you do coworking, schedule
tours, and generally let your members' enthusiasm shine through.

We're just now rolling it out to a few groups who are interested in helping
us refine how things work, and I wanted to see if this sounded interesting
to any of my coworking brothers and sisters. You can find out more about it
at https://saffron.email/for-coworking or just let me know if you'd like a
personal tour and I'd be happy to show it off in a screen sharing session.

Thanks all!

Andy Soell // The Salt Mines