I'm so glad I'm not the only one asking this question! I've also found that
coworking has become industry standard, but for a little while when we
first started exploring the idea, we used co-working. (Since switching,
I've had people make the "I don't know how to ork a cow" joke, which gets
real old!) I don't know what it would take to make AP standard change,
though; maybe if it's added to the dictionary without hyphenation? If it's
an actual word instead of an idea, maybe that would take precedence.