In short, there's a series of Perl modules that I end up re-implementing at
every company I end up working at.  This time around, I want to develop
them as CPAN modules.  Except:

A lot of this is pretty simple, straightforward stuff, and I feel there's
at least a fair chance some of it already exists, at least in a form that's
close enough to what I'm looking for.

I have rolled through the thousands of CPAN modules, but there's a good
chance I'm missing some possible duplication.

My question: what's the best way for me to, given some simple tests and/or
descriptions, find out if there's already some modules out there?  This
seems like a lazy request, and perhaps it is, but I'm asking the question
in case there is such a resource.

Thanks!

Cheers,
-Dana