Thanks once again. This might be a tangential discussion but can you tell
me why key requests over TLS are pointless? In building a secure
environment ground-up, ensuring that the basic infrastructure (public keys
et al) was pristine to begin with is a very important requirement. If the
key is served over http, it is possible that the base copy was mangled
with when it was first downloaded. Any perl modules that are later
verified with this potentially mangled public key become questionable
since we don’t know that the key was pristine to begin with. Please tell
me if I’m understanding this incorrectly.

Abhijith