On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 07:42:44PM +0200, Ingo Lantschner wrote:

> May be I have not got the point of use, require and prerequisites yet,
> but as of my present understanding, it is NOT the idea to require
> indirect prerequisites (something that a module I already require
> requires).
>
> Please let me know what you think about this.

If you code relies directly on a particular module, then you should list
it as a pre-requisite.  If, for example, you require Foo and Bar, and
Foo requires Bar and Baz, then you should list Foo and Bar.  While
listing Foo as a pre-req will *currently* also make sure that Bar is
installed, Foo may change its pre-reqs in the future.

Also if Foo makes extra functionality available if Barf is available,
and you use that functionality of Foo, then you should also list Barf
as a pre-req.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

You can't spell AWESOME without ME!