On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 09:16:04AM -0400, David Golden wrote:

> Personally, I see no value in testing anything before 5.6.2 and only
> minimal value even testing that now that 5.12 is the "current"
> production release.

I was talking with someone from $networking_equipment_company last week,
and they have recently switched from 5.6 to 5.8 for some of their stuff.
And they use cpXXXan!

I ought to get round to upgrading my 5.6.2 tester to the shiny new CT2
world, I suppose, but I have to say that it's not a particularly high
priority for me.  I do find it useful though (or at least I did when it
was running - I turned it off when the NOC guys asked us to turn the
volume down on the mailing list) if only because it caught me using a
few pointless neologisms, which I find distasteful.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear
shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.
   -- Robert A Heinlein