> On Jun 23, 2017, at 1:54 AM, Scott Guthridge via cpan-testers-discuss
> <cpan-testers-discuss@perl.org <mailto:cpan-testers-discuss@perl.org>> wrote:
>
> it's not installed by default in my distro, which suggests it probably not
> available in many of the tester's environments either, especially the older
> version pools

How are you declaring your dependencies? CPAN Testers install the declared
dependencies of a module before attempting to run its tests. Anything that is
not in the core Perl distribution (not what your linux distribution ships)
should be declared as a dependency (and, really, even the modules in the Perl
core should be declared, in case they entered the core late or leave the core
in a future Perl 5 version).

If you are declaring your dependencies correctly, the CPAN Testers will be able
to run your tests.

Doug Bell
d...@preaction.me <mailto:d...@preaction.me>