 >> 6. Not every CPAN contributor writes tests that allow execution of
 >> tests in parallel, or even to run in parallel with another perl
 >> executing the same tests at the same time.

  > This would be an interesting thing to have, but I always thought that
  > the specification should go into the distribution's META.* files (wasn't
  > there already a proposal?). And CPAN.pm may inject changes into the META
  > information via distroprefs files (at least this is possible for
  > dependency information).

My smokers nearly always run several instances of different perls
simultaneously on the same server. Other smokers, e.g. Ether's, have
HARNESS_OPTIONS set up for parallel runs.

The number of issues caused by that seem to be negligible, so I always
wrote bug reports like these:

I don't find more than these 5, so either I was bad in identifying the
cases or the issue is not very wide-spread.

I also argued in the past that asking for metadata should be avoided
because:

- authors usually do not know
- metadata age
- harnesses change
- should the need really exist, we should first collect data what kinds
  of problems we have and how they can be dealt with besides metadata

--
andreas
  • sharing distrop... Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior via cpan-testers-discuss