`perldoc perlport` is clear that $Config{archname} and $^O are derived
from uname.

$ uname -s
Darwin

I think it would be more confusing to make these values inconsistent.

Perhaps cpantesters could add a footnote somewhere letting people know
that 'darwin' means mac os systems for those who aren't aware?