On 6 May 2015 at 12:33, breno <oainikus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, I would rather see it in a new module than have it in
> File::ShareDir itself. Kinda like how nowadays I prefer Path::Tiny over
> File::Spec + Cwd (or even Path::Class).

There is still a need for a simple mechanism for hooking FSD from a 3rd
party library without resorting to crazy hacks, and its conceivable that
such functionality can in fact be added without need for radical
modernization.

I have two such modules that rely on said crazy hacks, but they shouldn't
be broken even under moderate FSD changes.

You could in fact implement the low level simple hook mechanism in such a
way that anyone who wanted Sno's fancy FHS compliant directories could
simply load a new module, and that new module would hook FSD in the right
places to get the benefits.

But either way, I really want to champion small, logical, obvious, and
entirely uncomplicated simple steps to improve FSD itself slowly, and that
any more radical changes should occur at the users discretion, not at FSDs.

--
Kent

*KENTNL* - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL