On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Neil Bowers <neil.bow...@cogendo.com>
wrote:

> These are pretty simple, and have some problems, so I’m hoping someone
> might come up with something more useful.

It's really hard to examine specific cases with CT down at the moment, but
I think we could be considering a number of dimensions.  Brainstorming:

* fails tests now – i.e. blocking automated dep installations – this is
your existing metric
* possibly an OS-specific variation of the above
* stability over time – possibly your existing metric, but taking last "N"
stable releases or all stable releases in last "N" years
* something looking at bug queues – possibly open tickets proportional to
number of downriver dependents; possibly looking at open vs close ratios
* process metrics: e.g. trial release before stable
* Kwalitee (might not tell us much, but easy to examine)
* Proportional diff size between stable releases

David

--
David Golden <x...@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC: @xdg