On 23 June 2015 at 10:24, David Golden <x...@xdg.me> wrote:

> I think the early toolchain list is in write_buildcustomize.pl:
> http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/write_buildcustomize.pl#l19
>
> AFAICT, that makes the perl files in those lib directories available to
> miniperl directly in @INC in order to bootstrap the XS modules, and then the
> toolchain modules get build properly afterwards.  But it's been a while
> since I looked really closely at the build order.
>
> I *think* that if you're talking test-time depndencies, all the XS stuff
> should be built by the time tests run, but someone would have to check that.

Apparently Cwd.pm is safe due to XS being Optional there.

But that leaves me with a query about what XS things File::Temp needs,
which it seems to use a lot of.

Fcntl, POSIX,  Scalar::Utils  are the ones I can see at the top.

Again, these should all probably be *compiled* and in @INC by the time
the Test phase comes around, so its probably a non-issue. I just don't
know the build cycle well enough to know if there's any stage that
might preclude this.

--
Kent