>From: "Bill Stewart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> The trick with double extensions is that after
>> Explorer or Outlook hides the .VBS, the user sees the ".JPG"
>> and says "Oh, this is a picture, I'll click on it",
>> instead of "Hmmm, this is something I don't recognize,
>> better leave it alone."
>> Similar tricks are used for .doc.vbs, .xls.vbs, .txt.vbs, etc.
>
>Using Outlook Express 5 here, and nothing is hidden.  Both extensions
>(.jpg.vbs) are shown on this attachment.

Most likely, you have set your Explorer options to show file extensions (as
most any sane person would).  The install default is to hide them (along
with opening each folder in a new window and not showing the full path in
the title bar, all of which I find most annoying), which is why the average
sofa spud luser is apt to fall for these tricks.
--
Roy M. Silvernail
Proprietor, scytale.com