Title: HR.com's eBulletin for the Week of April 9, 2001

TABLE OF
CONTENTS:

-  Wise words from...
   David Norton
-  Articles to help you
-  Featured Product
   of the Week
-  HR.com
   Communities
-  Research Reports

Sponsors:

HR.com
eMarketplace
offers you:

Assessment Tools
Applicant Tracking
Payroll Solutions
Relocation Tools
B to B Solutions

If you know someone who'd like to read
this eBulletin,
please forward
it to them.

Need an answer?
Click Here!
If you have a burning
question and can't
find the answer,
send us an email to
Ask HR.com
to get FREE help/
suggestions on
HR matters.

"No pressure,
no diamonds."

~ Mary Case

eMarketplace
Training Center
Ask HR.com

SPONSOR THIS
eBULLETIN If you're a vendor
who'd like to reach
HR decision makers,
email us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED].

WELCOME TO HR.com's eBULLETIN
FOR THE WEEK OF: April 9, 2001

We are your free online resource for HR. Our eBulletin gives you a taste of what's new on our site this week.

MORE WISE WORDS FROM...David Norton
"Only about 15% of the market capitalization of the typical S&P 500 company can be attributed to tangible assets, 85% is intangible. If you went back 20 years it would be the reverse. All of the management disciplines we have like budgeting, planning, and personnel management are based on the old model."

David Norton is one of the leaders driving a new way for HR to understand and focus on what is strategic. His latest book with Robert Kaplan, The Strategy Focused Organization, is a best seller and likely to be on your CEO's desk.

"Take a break, have a laugh,
check out this week's HR.comic"

FEATURED PRODUCT OF THE WEEK
Wetfeet.com's Experienced Professional Bundle: Recruitment Marketing Strategies, Volume 1 and Diversity Recruitment.
Recruitment Marketing Strategies and Diversity Recruitment Report explore the sources of information experienced professionals use to find out about potential employers, and how to motivate them to apply to your company. In an uncertain labor market, building a stable recruiting program is critical. With four-fifths of the available talent market being passive candidates, learn how to effectively and efficiently attract the best talent to your company.
Normally $1990... Buy this bundled package NOW and save nearly 25%.

Sponsor Message:
Do you know where to find qualified high tech candidates? Dice.com gives you direct access to the industry's most powerful recruiting resource. With our exclusive pool of talented high tech professionals, you'll fill your high tech positions easily, quickly, and affordably. Find and hire the best candidates the high tech world has to offer. Click here for more information, or call 1-877-386-3323.

HR.com Communities
Comp + Ben
This Week's Features:
Business, People and Rewards: Surviving and Thriving in the New Economy (3)
Schuster Zingheim on Challenging Times for Rewards

Product Review: Online Benefits Providers: Who are Your Options? (2/3)
Here's a good listing and description of the major competitors.

HR Management
This Week's Features:
How Does Career Transition Impact Family Life?
Your Career: Interviewing

Product Review: Human Capability by Elliott Jacques & Kathryn Cason
This book details the authors' research that managerial complexity is rooted in human nature.

Labor Relations
This Week's Features:
Why Friday Firings Are For Wimps!
What are Phobias?

Product Review: Email Essentials
This essential training video examines appropriate use of email in the workplace to avoid legal liabilities.

Legal
This Week's Features:
How not to Become 'Road Kill' on the Information Superhighway
OSHA Ergonomics: Still Lurking

Product Review: The Fairness Factor (III): In Managing Terminations
Learn how to manage employee terminations and minimize your chances of legal liabilities.

Sponsor Message:
THE ULTIMATE NETWORKING EVENT
You are invited to join largest gathering of e-recruiting pros in the world! Hear from more than 30 top pros as they reveal successful strategies for online recruitment, assessment and more. Sign up for Kennedy Information's e-Recruiting & Staffing Conference 2001 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, May 3 and 4 https://www.kennedyinfo.com/e-recruiting/hrcom/

OD
This Week's Features:
How to Overcome the "It's Just a Job" Mindset
Testing for Integrity

Product Review: The FCRA: What Rights do Employees Have? (2/3)
Last week, we looked at employers' obligations. What rights do employees have?

Staffing
This Week's Features:
What you Need to Know About Public Relations Careers
How To Take a Qualitative Approach to Online Recruiting

Product Review: Select Minds.com
The Select Minds software is a hosted service that you and your alumni access via the Web.

HRIS
This Week's Features:
Common HRIS Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
Why You Should Update Anti-Virus Software Automatically

Product Review: Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
My experience with MBTI: Is the product really useful in the workplace and how?

Training
This Week's Features:
How to Use E-Learning Games
What do A Set of Keys Have to do with Peace of Mind?

Product Review: The Leadership Experience Series (The Credibility Factor)
This new video looks at relationships between leaders & followers & helps identify qualities of leadership.

Sponsor Message:
e-HR Future Show Conference & Exposition:
Anaheim California May 7-10th, 2001

Let the e-HR Future Show be your source for best practice case studies and your guide to practical implementation of successful strategies and tactics on: Online Training and Development, e-Recruiting and Retention; and e-HR Tools and Applications. Hear from dynamic keynote speakers such as: Esther Dyson, Robert Reich, and Elliott Masie among others. Learn more about this exciting even at: http://www.linkageinc.com/ehr2001/ or call 781-402-5574.

Announcing a New Service for HR.com Members
HR Career Center - Connecting Careers for HR Professionals

With over 135,000 members, one of the largest online memberships for HR Professionals, HR.com is launching a member job board. Whether you're looking for a job or looking at hiring someone in HR, the HR Career Center provides you with a one-stop resource for all your career needs. To post a job or begin your job search click here.

HR.com Research:

Web-Based Benefits Administration ($25) is a hot topic. This study helps you understand why web-based benefits administration is so popular.

Save yourself time and money by reading the latest research on Internet recruiting. HR.com's Definitive Guide to Internet Sourcing ($650) reviews your online options for sourcing and tracking candidates and provides helpful suggestions on which sites to use in various situations.

Unsubscribe
If you do not want to receive our eBulletin, please reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line and be sure to indicate the email address you want removed, especially if your mail is consolidated at a mailbox other than the one to which we've addressed this HR.com eBulletin.

(c) Copyright 2000, HR.com. All Rights Reserved.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
28329