On Tue, 15 May 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:

>Ray Dillinger wrote:

>> Okay.  Here is one way to do it.  Encrypt the message using a symmetric
>> algorithm such as Twofish or AES or something.  Now create a header that
<snip>

>You just described PGP.

Yeah, I did.  I've been looking at it.  :-)

Note to everybody: the new SuSE 7.1 distribution actually comes
with DES command-line utilities, GPG, etc, and sources for them.
No PGP yet because of the IDEA patent, though.  I'm hoping other
distributions follow suit, because that would mean that you could
make new protocols and so on as simply as writing command line
scripts.

                                Bear