At 11:12 PM -0400 5/18/01, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>You can see news coverage of Kirkland's legal threats here:
>http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/165907.html
>
>The Politech article that is in danger of being taken down if
>Kirkland wins an injunction:
>http://www.politechbot.com/p-02008.html
>
>All the documents are online here:
>http://www.politechbot.com/kirkland/

I've been reading some of these documents.

To check for myself that these SSNs are already on the Web, I entered
the name of the first of the cops into Google. Up popped a long list
of Kirkland city employees and their SSNs and salaries and birthdates
and whatnot. Apparently made searchable on the Web by the City of
Kirkland itself.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:30dec676da3085e3:www.justicefiles.org/Kirkland/Kirkland%2520SSN.asp+Blinsink&hl=en

I don't know if this is the site Declan referred to, but this shows
that communities like Kirkland ought to be protecting the privacy of
their employees THEMSELVES before threatening journalists.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns