From: "J.A. Terranson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Anyone who had objection to the social security number was given a
> different encoded "license number", and anyone who objected to the photo
had
> a red box in the corner with the words "PHOTO NOT REQUIRED" emblazoned
across
> it - you needed only to fill out the form which described the basis of
your
> objection(s).

You can wear a head covering for religious reasons in some states. Are there
any religions that forbid ugly driver's license photos?

You cannot, however, refuse to give your SSN anymore. This is because people
have sex in cars, I think. I can't see any other connection.

"States must inform individuals that the disclosure is mandatory, that it is
based on section 466(a)(13) of the Social Security Act [42 U.S.C.
666(a)(13)], and that it will be used under the State's child support
enforcement program to locate individuals for purposes of establishing
paternity and establishing, modifying, and enforcing support
obligations...."

http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cse/pol/dcl-00-38.htm