State-level television committees to monitor FM and community radio
The state / district-level monitoring committees will henceforth be
authorised to monitor the content broadcast on private FM I community radio
stations also in addition to private satellite TV channels. The content can
be monitored by the committees suo-moto and on the basis of complaints
received.... http://www.indiantelevision.com/regulators/ib-ministry/
state-level-television-committees-to-monitor-fm-community-radio-170805

Campus connect: Bridging gaps through Pune’s community radios
Radio FTII, with frequency 90.4, travels from community to community
explaining the marvels of this platform and how, without having to go
through cumbersome formalities, they can avail this platform to communicate
their issues, find solutions and also demonstrate their artistic prowess.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/pune-news/campus-connect-
bridging-gaps-through-pune-s-community-radios/story-
4Myj8u3CtnqQTQoAOWWHGK.html

Community Radio needs innovation to stay relevant
[August 3, 2017] Bhubaneswar, 3rd August 2017: “Community Radio needs
volunteers and community participation in order to bring in sustainable
practices” opined the participants at the National Level Consultation on
‘Community Radio: Furthering Rights, Justice and Development of
Marginalized Communities’ today. The 2-day consultation ended at Prasar
Bharati Training Institute, Bhubaneswar organized by Young India supported
by ActionAid India and OdishaLIVE as the digital media partner.
https://orissadiary.com/community-radio-needs-innovation-stay-relevant/

National-level Consultation on Community Radio Concludes
[ August 4, 2017] Bhubaneswar: The community radio needs volunteers and
community participation in order to bring in sustainable practices, opined
the speakers at the two-day consultation titled ‘Community Radio:
Furthering Rights, Justice and Development of Marginalised Communities’
organised by the Young India in support of ActionAid India and the
OdishaLIVE, that concluded here on Thursday.
https://www.odisha360.com/2017/08/04/national-level-
consultation-community-radio-concludes/

Odisha: Community Radio should Strive to Bring Forth Voice the Unheard
[August 2, 2017]
Bhubaneswar: “Community Radio has been one of the very effective medium of
reaching out to the most marginalized and remote communities whose voice
has not been heard. Also it is one of the effective means of making the
voice of the community heard and collectivizing people around the issue
that affect most”, echoed the participants in the National Level
Consultation on ‘Community Radio: Furthering Rights, Justice and
Development of Marginalized Communities’ today. The 2-day consultation
started at Prasar Bharati Training Institute, Bhubaneswar organized by
Young India supported by ActionAid India and OdishaLIVE as the digital
media partner.
https://orissadiary.com/odisha-community-radio-strive-
bring-forth-voice-unheard/

Jalandhar: City’s first campus community radio launched
Tribune News Service [Jalandhar, August 1] The PG Department of Journalism
and Mass Communication of Doaba College today launched Jalandhar’s first
Campus Community Radio - Radio Raabta at 90.8 Mhz.
Launching it, Principal Dr Naresh Kumar Dhiman said, “The radio will cover
a radius of 15 km, reaching the urban as well rural regions of Jalandhar
district. It will relay programmes related to various communities,
including housewives, labourers, farmers, students etc for two hours from
10 am to 12 noon. It has been established under the proposal of the
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. We will be
sending our recordings to them for three months after which we are
expecting a funding of Rs 7.5 lakh. By then, we also intend to broadcast it
online.”
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jalandhar/city-s-first-
campus-community-radio-launched/445879.html

WE ARE SHIFTING: After being hosted for many years by Sarai.in (thank you!)
we are shifting to Googlegroups. Please join the new CR-India mailing list
there at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cr-india
This list is open to everyone interested in CR issues. Just stay on-topic
and polite in your posts. Pass the word around to anyone who might be
interested....
Join the Community Radio Forum.