Dear Dr.Sreedhar, Sajan Venniyoor, Prof.Dr.Shambhunath Singh,

Thanks for the excellent views aired by Dr.Sreedhar.

As I stated earlier that Radio Maniapl as a community radio has an excellent
infrastructure and has wide recording labs and wonderful equipment for
recording. Even one hour transmission is having wornderful reception at many
points that we checked in the radius but there are some points still where we
need to confirm the reception levels.

As for orientation to the existing radio incharge Mr.Shyam Bhat and as for
keeping in touch with the other CRs I welcome the views of Dr.Sreedhar. Yes, I
too feel that a CR cannot function like this in isolation. I need to take up
this at my present Director Dr.Tapas Ray level.

As for the workshop,which was held on the days of holidays, coming as it
did, apart from lighting of lamp by Dr.M V Kamath, Mr. Abdul Rahman Pasha who
was well known here for having worked in Community radio sector, besides
publishing two books on CR in Kannada, was the person who carried out the
entire workshop throughout its length and breadth. Unfortunately it did not
appear in the media. Dr.Kamath is not only Hon.Director for MIC, he is one of
the Board of Governors which administers the Univeristy and being highly aged
person, his presence is to be construed symbolically as an occasion to seek
auspcious blessings. For any act of planning, we all go to Dr.Kamath for his
blessings in MU as a matter of respect to one who got the Kannada Rajya
Pursakara and awarded Padmabhushan.

As such I request you all to treat the Manipal Radio with a positive concept
and not to treat with any contempt. As a Professor I have been analysing the
content of Manipal Radio and I am in Possession of the analysis along with the
original content for any one's verification too and I have no hesitation to
state that its content for the community is more than 50-55% besides
entertainment programmes for the youth etc. It is truly doing the programmes
necessary for the CR in Tulu and farming communities.

I do believe that CR is a forum for free exchange of views. I know Dr.Sreedhar
atleast last two years and Dr.Devesh Kishore and myself had the privilege of
Dr.Sreedhar sharing the       plat form   for the inauguation of Salaam Namaste
90.4 FM a CR again last year.Prior to that I met dr.Sreedhar inLodon while
attending the conference of PCF5. I truly enjoyed his frankness and boldness
apart from his scholarship.

My approach to our institute or university is to persuade the top brass with
words of positive connotation and value rather than harshly criticzing them. I
beleive if anything happens in this world, it is based on good words and good
relations not by attacking and criticising some one.

I hope I shall be able to meet Dr.Sreedhar's expectations as far as Manipal
radio is concerned in associating itself with otther CRs.

Regards

C.S.H.N.Murthy Ph.D
Professor in Mass Communication,
Manipal Institute of Communication, Press Corner,
Manipal University,Manipal 576 104Karnataka India