Vickram/Sajan:

The report says it's a 15W transmitter, not 40W. I haven't heard of the
College or of their radio station until I saw the report. Agree with you,
in principle, on the legality question. However, it would be easier to
bring pressure on the government to legalize certain kinds of low-power
radio broadcasts if there were hundreds of colleges and others doing it
around the country. Somewhat like the cable TV story (with policy following
technological dissemination).

As of now, this effort does seem not quite legal!

best,
Vinod

--
Dr. Vinod Pavarala