Dear Kirill,

Sorry to trouble you.

I am trying to make the Crash can parse the kernel with 5-level paging.

I met a problem, seek help.

IMO, all user-sapce tasks must using 5-level paging if the kernel
has been in 5-level paging decided by '__pgtable_l5_enabled=1'. Correct?

And, In the Documentation/x86/x86_64/5level-paging.txt:

  To mitigate this, we are not going to allocate virtual address space
  above 47-bit by default.

  But userspace can ask for allocation from full address space by
  specifying hint address (with or without MAP_FIXED) above 47-bits.

I guess it just means that some user-space tasks can't using the address above 47-bits, it doesn't mean that the tasks will back to use 4-level paging if the kernel has been in 5-level paging. Is it right?

Thanks,
        dou