Hi all,

The Swiss magazine "Publisher" will make available a series of articles on
comparisons between GIMP and Photoshop CC. The articles will be freely
available some time after the realease of each printed edition. More
importantly, the written articles are only one part of the project, the other
one being short training videos that will show how to achieve a task in GIMP
and in Photoshop, respectively. They will also be freely available (for the
time being).

The articles will loosely refer to the videos (which will be produced first),
but also add additional information and a summary describing how the two
programmes compare. Producer of the videos is a professional Photoshop trainer
who was forced to learn using GIMP due to increasing customer demand for GIMP
trainings.

The first article plus videos has already been created and will be available in
a month or so on www.publisher.ch. It will be about extracting image elements
via Foreground Extraction/Quick Selection, optimising the selection via a layer
mask and inserting the result into a new image. Next up: Liquid Rescale.

We still don't know how often and how many articles/videos we can create. It
depends on our time, the editor's plans for each print edition, and audience
feedback. There is a real possibility, though, that we can continue this until
the end of 2017.

If you understand written and spoken German, you might want to have a look.

Enjoy!

Christoph

P.S.: For those who don't understand German, the result of the comparison
regarding extraction etc. is: identical end results, Photoshop faster, but GIMP
more flexible.