>> a few cases the shortcut implies a particular path
>> so that the existence of the intermediates can be inferred. (such as
>> "rights held by").
>
> Hi Martin!
> In my opinion, a shortcut should never infer a long-path.
Hi Vladimir,

My question was about logic, and not about a knowledge base. We intend to
separate these two strictly.

In case a longpath can be inferred, it logically exists. If one or more of
the intermediate nodes can be inferred to exist, they are potentially
present in other information we are interested in integrating with it.
Then, we can find new links the shortpath did not provide.

That is the idea.

Best,

martin