Dear all,

I was wondering if there was some reasons why the range of the relation "P48
has preferred identifier” is set to E42 Identifier and not to its superclass
E41 Appellation.

If the range of P48 would be set to E41 it would be way easier to disambiguate
between diverse appellations for the same entity. Right now, in fact, the
preference between two appellations have to be stated using an E55 Type.
While having a E55 Type “preferred appellation” is, indeed, a solution, it is
not the most functional one. Moreover, it does not seems to me there are any
reasons why an entity could have a preferred identifier but not a preferred
appellation.

Should the range of P48 be changed to E41 Appellation?
Such operation should not alter previously-recorded statements in CRM, nor
having any disruptive effect on the semantic of those two classes, so it seems
to me it should be quite pain-free.

Nicola

--
Nicola Carboni
CNRS - UMR 3495 MAP / Harvard University - I Tatti