Dear All.

Continuing issue 363,

I propose the following:

"Whereas the CRM regards that intervals of primitive values are primitive values by themselves, there is currently no corresponding practice in RDF. Therefore, in analogy to the properties of E52 Time-Span, we define in CRM RDFS two more subproperties of P90 has value: “P90a_has_lower_value_limit” and “P90b_has_upper_value_limit”. The precise guidelines for using these properties are to be given."

Sensor arrays, more and more in use, pose the issue of a single measurement resulting in an array of numbers which altogether form one quantitative statement about the observed. We can describe such structures easily as one complex type of unit (and define an IRI for it), and then regard the value to a matrix of numbers, in which each position obeys subunits as defined in the complex unit type.

Even if we regard complex matrices of numbers as one value for an instance of E54 Dimension, such as RGB image, we can argue that minimal and maximal values exist as two separate matrices of the same structure.

Consequently I propose to deprecate P83, P84, because in competes with an interval interpretation of P90, and :

Introduce instead Pxxx had duration, Domain: E52 <#_E52_Time-Span> Time-Span, Range: E54 <#_E54_Dimension> Dimension
and use the P90, P90a, P90b as adequate

or introduce  an Exxx Temporal Duration , subclass of E54 Dimension, and define subproperties in RDFS ending in xsd:duration.

See:

     P83 had at least duration (was minimum duration of)

Domain:E52 <#_E52_Time-Span> Time-Span

Range:E54 <#_E54_Dimension> Dimension

Quantification:one to one (1,1:1,1)

Scope note:This property describes the minimum length of time covered by an E52 Time-Span.

It allows an E52 Time-Span to be associated with an E54 Dimension representing it’s minimum duration (i.e. it’s inner boundary) independent from the actual beginning and end.

Examples:

§the time span of the Battle of Issos 333 B.C.E. (E52) /had at least duration/ Battle of Issos minimum duration (E54) /has/ /unit//(P91)/ day (E58) /has value (P90)/ 1 (E60)

In First Order Logic:

P83(x,y) ⊃E52(x)

P83(x,y) ⊃E54(y)

     P84 had at most duration (was maximum duration of)

Domain:E52 <#_E52_Time-Span> Time-Span

Range:E54 <#_E54_Dimension> Dimension

Quantification:one to one (1,1:1,1)

Scope note:This property describes the maximum length of time covered by an E52 Time-Span.

It allows an E52 Time-Span to be associated with an E54 Dimension representing it’s maximum duration (i.e. it’s outer boundary) independent from the actual beginning and end.

Examples:

§the time span of the Battle of Issos 333 B.C.E. (E52) /had at most duration/ Battle of Issos maximum duration (E54) /has unit/ /(P91)/day (E58) /has value (P90)/ 2 (E60)

In First Order Logic:

P84(x,y) ⊃E52(x)

P84(x,y) ⊃E54(y)

--