Dear Martin,

> The FOL formalisation is NOT about publicly available place attestations.
> This has not be said anywhere. Generally, the FOL statements are not
> constraint by known knowledge. If you question this, or require in the FOL to
> distinguish known knowledge from ontologically necessary one, we need another
> issue😁.
>
> The spatial projection of the move is a P7. It exists regardless knowledge.

See my reply in "P7(x,y) and knowing".

> The origin location and the destination has a spatial projection as well. It
> exists regardless knowledge, and must fall within the move path.
>
> It is simply a necessary condition for P26, part of its definition.

Apart from "the spatial projection of the move is a P7" I don't deny that. As I
said, I have no issue with "The area of the move includes the origin(s), route
and destination(s)" and its application to either the spatial projections or
our current best knowledge.

The P26 scope note can indeed be read as implicitly claiming that the property
is about the phenomenal place: "A move may be linked to many terminal instances
of E53 Place by multiple instances of this property. In this case the move
describes a distribution of a set of objects." This seems to imply that
different P26 statements are not different attestations but describe the
phenomenal places of different objects. However, one can already ask why this
formulation is necessary when the 6852 islands of Japan count as one place.

The scope note goes on: "Therefore, the described destination is an instance of
E53 Place which P89 falls within (contains) the instance of E53 Place the move
P7 took place at." If I am supposed to read this as a statement about the
spatial projections, it should be P161 "has spatial projection" instead of P7:

P26(x,y) β‡’ (βˆƒz) [E53(z) ∧ P161(x,z) ∧ P89(y,z)]
or equivalently
P26(x,y) ∧ E53(z) ∧ P161(x,z) β‡’ P89(y,z)

And for a phenomenal place I would expect P161-style examples that state the
fact but usually don't tell us where it is.
From P161: The Roman Empire (E4) has spatial projection: all areas ever claimed
by Rome (E53)
From issue 608: E92 [trajectory of a voussoir] - P161 has spatial projection -
E53 Place [location of fallen voussoir]

Instead, there is this example for E9 Move:
the relocation of London Bridge from the UK to the USA (Wildfang, 2005)
This looks like it implies a place attestation "UK" of the origin and "USA" of
the destination.

And this example for P26:
The movement of the exhibition "Tutankhamun: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh"
between 15th of September and 2nd of November 2019 (E9) moved to the Saatchi
Gallery London (E53)

This looks like a place attestation as well. As a matter of fact, there was a
parallel exhibition "Artists-in-residence to respond to Tutankhamun" in the
Saatchi Gallery at the same time, so the Tutankhamun exhibition did not move to
the whole gallery.

> Therefore, if the destination place is to be approximated, it should be
> within an approximation of the move path.
>
> As such, it does not behave like P7.

I have no issue with the first sentence. In fact, this is exactly what I
suggested:
P26(x,y) ⇐ E9(x) ∧ P7(x,y)

A version of this for P26 as a phenomenal place is equivalent to the axiom
P26(x,y) β‡’ (βˆƒz) [E53(z) ∧ P161(x,z) ∧ P89(y,z)] above.

Best,
Wolfgang