Hi Riku,

Thanks for this. I have a couple images that fail the VMSPEC-IMAGE-GPT and
VMSPEC-IMAGE-ESP tests, even though they shouldn't. This appears to be due
to how the root device is found, as well as how GPT type is determined.
Maybe using blkid instead of, or as well as, df could help.

Also, I think you may find using libguestfs (which has python bindings)
a good way to handle multiple image / file system types for the image
verify feature. And, libguestfs supports a 'add-drive-ro' feature that
uses a snapshot mode like vmspec-verify does, but does not require the
nbd module be loaded on the host.

Thanks,
drew