Nicolas Weeger wrote:
Hello.

What's the use of the "glue" code? In glue.c, and the callback
functions, in the library.
From what I understand, it was supposed to be for the Python plugin.
But the fun part is that is doesn't work under Win32: the library is
generated as static, so plugin and server have each their own without
any shared data.

So I was pondering simply cleaning/removing that. That would imply
fixing plugin system, too, as all functions should be callbacks and
not directly hooking to server (like add_string that does *not* work
between plugin and server under Win32...).

Opinions?

It could certainly go away. I suppose a few people still use crossedit, but that could be fixed similar to the client - any things that common needs to call that exist elsewhere, the editor could just define as empty dummy functions.

I'm not sure if that really fixes thing on win32 or not - it would seem to me that having the common area be a static library that gets linked into the plugin will ever really work right - I note that on linux, crosslib isn't linked in as part of the plugin process.