Had mentioned several months back I was going to do a new stable release in
the near future.  Between getting sidetracked and waiting for some changes to
get put back, I never got around to making a release.

  So its almost start of a new year, so I'm going to do a release around Jan
12/13 - gives folks about 2 weeks for any changes.  and this time I really mean
it - I'll actually do a 1.11 release this release.

  so get your changes in.  Remember that this is the stable branch, so major
changes really should only be in the trunk.