> Hello.
>
> > Still mystified.  arch is up-to-date showing mod dates in the last few
> > days, and I did explicitly do make clean and make install in the lib
> > folder as well as in the server area., and rebuild and reinstall server.
> > If I look where the server is installed, the date/time of the crossfire.0
> > and .1 files is current. strace confirms the new file is in use at the
> > location where the server is installed.
>
> Note the file you want to check is "archetypes", since the "crossfire.x"
> files only contain pics :)

Well, yes... and my communication was poor and inadequate as I had
indeed checked that file for freshness.

> "make clean" does not remove the "lib/archetypes" file, and won't collect,
> I just confirmed.
>
> As far as I can figure, the various make commands (except an explicit
> collect) are just happy with having a "lib/archetypes" file without
> checking the date.
>
> So I'd suggest to explicitely do "( cd lib && make collect && make install
> )" and try again.

I had done make collect at all the appropriate junctures as well.

Somehow, the server/trunk/lib/arch was an actual folder rather than a
symlink to arch/trunk.  Perhaps I did that in some long forgotten
dream.

Sorry.   It's working now that I repaired the link.  Thanks for your patient
help.

I wonder though, if there is a better way to manage that link...