Greetings,

If you're using 1.60.0, you probably want to upgrade to 1.70.0. The crazy
developers made a bunch of changes since the last release, perhaps fixing (and
adding) a few bugs along the way.

In the past I've had a problem where a pile of around 10 objects underneath
the player would cause the client to lock up while using massive amounts of
CPU power. The problem went away when I updated GTK and a bunch of other
system libraries.

Of course, this is dependent on the system you're running. You might want to
try compiling the client and installing it in a temporary root (e.g.
/home/your-name/crossfire).

Sincerely,
Kevin Zheng