Hi Team,

You may have noticed that I have been furiously updating the content in the
wiki (http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php). I have added a new section
called "the sworn book of scorn" which is designed to be a reasonably
detailed account of the way crossfire works without being a spoiler. I hope
to make it useful to both new players and old players alike. Things like
dumps from the archetypes would be useful but might crossover into spoilers
so I haven't prioritised them. Aspects of game player that are described by
code seem sensible items in this section. If anyone would like to help me
read and interpret the code, I'd love some help! Come say hi on the IRC
channel.

What i'm actually writing about is that whilst working on this
documentation I have 'stumbled' on the dev sections of the wiki.

What a mess!

Given that the Monk was my creation I have decided to go down a similar
path to improving crossfire and develop a new class and at the same time
improve the skill missle_weapons. The new class is currently slated as
'rangers' which are loosely outlined here:
http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev_todo:cf2.0:classes. Is this where
such progress should be documented?

I wasn't certain, so I tidied up the Dev front page a little.. however a
lot of the pages seem to have been superseded and I can't make head nor
tail of which is which. Perhaps it is timely to remap the direction of the
game? I'm happy to assist in anyway to merge, fix, delete, update any pages
that should be.

In, particular one area of Dev interests me which is the Cf2.0 documents
(which seem to start here:
http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev_todo:cf2.0) A lot of the ideas in
here are absolutely fantastic and I would love to see them in game. Some of
them seem quite straight forward whilst others seem very complicated. Is
much progress happening towards these?

Sorry for the long winded email

Saru