On 07/30/2017 10:22 PM, Kevin Zheng wrote:
On 07/30/2017 14:08, Preston Crow wrote:
I like your thinking on this.  You have a place for monsters, but didn't
put any on the list.  I've been playing on Metalforge recently, and I've
found pixies to be worthless monsters.  They seem to usually have wands
but never use them.  I seem to recall they used their wands at one point
in the past, making them randomly dangerous.

Glad these ideas are being discussed.

I do want to point out that I'd like to hold off major changes until
this release gets out the door. We're still shaking out some last issues
and I really don't want to delay this any more than it already is.

I'm shooting for getting this out the door on or before the weekend of
August 12th. Releasing isn't that hard but it takes a couple of hours to
sit down and get everything done. We should really work on automating
this going forward.

My experience in the past is most of the time is finding out something was done but some part missing with respect to the release (eg, a file not added to the makefile so it ends being in the source repo but not the tar files built)

It used to be that 'make archive' was all that was really needed - it would make the tar file, then uncompress it, run configure in that new directory, run the make, make install, and verify none of that got an error. That's about as automated as something can get.

The one thing that could be improved (though I don't thing SF supports this) would be doing that after every commit (or once a day or something), so if a file is added but missing from a makefile or whatever, it is found at that time, and not when you go off to make the release.