Thank you for the help. For the longest time I just focused on
elemental/status resistances, and completely ignored AC.I think more recent
years of DnD and Monter Hunter made me realize how silly that was. I'm now
at AC-30 and cruising through Zorn castle.

FWIW, I think it's cool to hear from devs, esp. when they last worked on a
map over a decade ago. I've played this game a long time it seems (and only
recently started learning how to play it well).

:)